Swimming through the universe, one light-year at a time.

Swimming through the universe, one light-year at a time.
NCG 4631 "The Whale Galaxy"

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Body Fear

Please do not try to touch me
for what you perceive as my body - is not,
is an empty carcass which does nothing
to protect me from others' harm.
Either the world is blind or am I, and surely twisted.
And none who hold more shame in knowing
that truth was only myth, incarnated.
They say enveloped in another's arms,
all perils not gone shall be diminished,
so I never would have envisioned
beyond my wildest fabrications,
that love itself was the specter;
the demon in my view.
Feigning to be the greatest guardian,
then turning inward to covet
the very seed you created.
So tell me what is Truth?
I know not what intimacy is, only that it handles
my body in hands which are cold, thus a degree of potency
I could not sever myself from such strange affectivity.
Now I am older, and still I feel the same.
Nowhere to place this anger,
so it stays inside my veins.
I thought I would heal with time,
but my skin would not let me forget.
I would like to love again, but you are just like him:
whereas once I held you in such high revere
now I shrink back from you in fear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Annies a smart ho

Anonymous said...

I teared up when I read it, because in some strange way I feel it.