Swimming through the universe, one light-year at a time.

Swimming through the universe, one light-year at a time.
NCG 4631 "The Whale Galaxy"

Monday, April 10, 2006

can't sleep, but this made me feel better

maybe if i drink something hot
i can put myself to sleep
enwrap my body in the safety of the soothing, drowsy steam
and resist the urge to stain tobacco on my teeth.
no, instead please
guide me down, turn my dreams to your lipped kiss, mildly...
but what i hear is not my heart that's pounding
THAT'S MY HEAD.
my god, it's going to hammer me consciously to death!
what a slow, excruciating torture
jammed open from the sore muscles on my eyelids
the veins threaten to burst from their threads
to guarantee i'll be a dysfunctional mess,
early next morning
as soon as i stumble out of bed.
let me live, get me on meds...

No comments: