Swimming through the universe, one light-year at a time.

Swimming through the universe, one light-year at a time.
NCG 4631 "The Whale Galaxy"

Monday, April 03, 2006

an island in novato

Is it time to move on?
I cannot.
I am the solid stone jammed in the sand
The water rises above my head to wash away the wreckage,
alter my view, and bring new plans
But there you remain.
You are a breath of fresh air to a dying sea
You are an anchor luring down suicide's name.
I am your greatest fan.
Your loyal mapper; I believe in your location, a latitude of faith.
I stumbled upon you, an obscure, alien island
Those who discover your riches
sink to their deaths in your lands.
This is why I watch from afar, safe as I perceive it
Though secretly I long for your wrath,
floating on this pathetic raft
waiting, waiting
for my rescue at last...

A moon-bound vessel bound to take me far from you.

No comments: